Don’t be so quick to dismiss Taleb’s prediction as just another political “conspiracy theory,” as so many naysayers have done on climate change, despite the heavy weight of scientific evidence to the contrary.
Nassim Taleb, a renowned New York University (NYU) professor recently raised eyebrows when he said genetically modified organisms (GMOs) have the potential to cause “an irreversible termination of life at some scale, which could be the planet.”
Taleb, who specializes in risk engineering, has outlined the dangers of GMOs in The Precautionary Principle, a paper recently made available to the public.
Often, GMO seeds are favored because of their ability to yield larger harvests and avoid certain pests or weeds that usually eat up some of their productivity, reports Daily Finance.
Taleb’s primary concern isn’t that ingesting GMOs is necessarily bad for people; rather, he’s focused on what effects the genetic manipulation of nature will have on the worldwide ecosystem. While Taleb concurs the risk of any one GMO seed ruining the planet is incredibly small, he argues that people are underestimating the domino effect of risk that’s involved. Read the rest here>>
Points we must all seriously consider:
- Monsanto’s CEO says GMOs are good for poor people. while HE buys organic food. Why?
- Another frightening horror brought to us by multinational companies such as Monsanto are “Synthetic Forests.”
- The US is sadly lagging and uniformed because of powerful lobbying, big money, and a total news blackout on this dreadful threat to all life. (But see Bill Maher talk about genetically modified foods, and listen to the audience response.)
- Seven Ways the Pesticide Companies Are Spinning the Bee Crisis to Protect Their Profits
- El Salvador: US tries to block seed program
- China Says No to GMOs and also bans them for its military
Bottom line, multinationals including Monsanto, Bayer, Syngenta and Dow are THE most hated companies on the planet, and there’s good reason for it. If they gain total control over the world’s plants, they gain total control over food production, governments, people, everything.
Is this what our world will look like after the above have had their way with it?
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO:
What’s more poisonous than Dow’s 2,4-D “Agent Orange” herbicide or Monsanto’s Roundup? Enlist Duo, an herbicide made of both 2,4-D and Roundup. The OCA has submitted more than 19,000 signatures to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) asking regulators to reject Dow’s request for approval of 2,4-D for use on the company’s new Enlist brand corn and soy, genetically engineered to tolerate massive amounts of 2.4-D. But Dow is also asking for approval of a new, even deadlier herbicide. Enlist Duo uses a combination of 2,4-D, one of the toxic ingredients in Agent Orange, and Roundup, whose key active ingredient, glyphosate, is linked to a host of ills, including birth defects, infertility, allergies and cancer.
And don’t buy or eat foods produced by these companies: