We tweet and blog and share all this, but the latest fashion and sport and entertainment news is always so much more appealing…
- Nearly fifty percent of all species are disappearing.7 1 in 3 mammal species, 1 in 8 bird species8, and 1 in 3 amphibian species are being threatened with extinction. Just two years ago, only 1 in 4 mammal species were threatened with extinction.9
- According to the World Resources Institute, more than 100 species go extinct every day.10 For the past 300 million years, excluding this century, approximately one species went extinct every four years. Today, scientists see one species going extinct every 15 minutes.11
- Species extinction has increased to rates of 10 to 100 times greater than that of 30 years ago.12
- Furthermore, current species extinction rates are thought by some experts to be grossly underestimated due to mathematical misdiagnosis.13
- If nothing is done, one-half of all species will be gone by the end of the century.14
For more indicators of ecological collapse, face reality and visit this link.